T-23 Guideline - Access
This endorsement to the Owner's or Loan Policy provides access coverage. The Endorsement insures: (1) that the insured easement provides access to a named Street, (2) that the Street is physically open and publicly maintained, (3) that the easement provides actual pedestrian and vehicular access, and (4) that the insured has a right to use existing curb cuts along the Street abutting the easement.
Endorsement T-23 is issued with a T-1 Owner's or T-2 Loan Policy.
Please also see P-54 and R-30 for more information regarding this endorsement.
We require the following:
1. Verify by examination, survey, review of available maps or inspection that the easement abuts and provides actual pedestrian and vehicular access to the Street.
2. Verify by survey, review of available maps or inspection that the Street appears to be physically open and publicly maintained.
3. Verify by survey, review of available maps or inspection that existing curb cuts along the easement provide actual access for the land to the Street.
4. Issue only if the land has existing improvements in use. Do not issue on unimproved land, unless you secure underwriter approval.
5. This endorsement may not be issued on residential real property.
6. A letter from an appropriate city or county official confirming that the street or road is open and publically maintained may be used with underwriter approval.
7. Each named street requires a separate T-23 endorsement. The premium for a T-23 endorsement is $100 although only a single $100 charge applies despite the number of access endorsements issued.
For further guidance, refer to the applicable subsections in Section 11.04 of the National Underwriting Manual on Virtual Underwriter http://www.vuwriter.com/vumanuals.jsp?displaykey=UM00000208
The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):