Guideline: ALTA Endorsement (Limited Pre-Foreclosure Date-Down) (12-03-12)
This endorsement may be used for Date of Policy changes and amendments to Schedules A and B of an ALTA Limited Pre-Foreclosure Policy (12-3-12).
1. Issue this endorsement only for an ALTA Limited Pre-Foreclosure Policy (12-3-12).
2. Search the Public Records back to the Date of Policy shown on Schedule A of the ALTA Limited Pre-Foreclosure Policy (12-3-12). Show matters disclosed as exceptions in Section 3 of this endorsement (Schedule B additions).
3. Perform your customary tax and assessment search of the Land. Show current taxes and assessments as exceptions in Section 3 of this endorsement (Schedule B additions).
4. The effective date of your search of the Public Records should be used as the Date of Policy in Section 1 of this endorsement.
5. Section 2 of this endorsement may be used to amend Schedule A, if applicable, for example, if there has been an assignment of the Insured’s Mortgage or a substitution of trustee. Otherwise, insert “None”
Any revision to this form requires approval of a Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriter. The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):