NM Contiguity-Multiple Parcels Guideline 66
The ALTA Endorsement 19 (Contiguity - Multiple Parcels) insures that two or more insured parcels are contiguous along defined lines or boundaries. The endorsement also insures (to the same effect) that there are no gaps separating the insured contiguous boundary lines. The Endorsement may be attached to Owner's and Loan Policies on land that is not one to four family residential property. NM 18.104.22.168.
We require the following:
1. Verify by examination of title and by review of survey that the defined lines are contiguous.
2. Complete paragraph 1 of the endorsement by specifically identifying the common boundary lines (e.g. "the failure of the west boundary line of Parcel A of the land to be contiguous to the east boundary line of Parcel B"; or "the failure the westerly boundary line of Parcel A of the land more particularly described as 'thence North 20 degrees 21 minutes 13 seconds West 200.51 feet' to be contiguous to the easterly boundary line of Parcel B more particularly described as 'thence South 20 degrees 21 minutes 13 seconds East 200.51 feet' ")
3. If you are requested to insure that multiple parcels are contiguous, you may do so in the same endorsement.
4. Do not describe the common lines as "the contiguous boundary line," "the adjacent line," "the common line," or similar language. Such language simply begs the question of contiguity.
5. Charge $100 per policy for the Endorsement. Do not make additional charges if multiple tracts are described.
6. Do not issue on one to four family residential property.
The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):