T-3 Guideline - TX Date Down Endorsement for Owner Policy
The downdate endorsement to the owner policy is issued during construction. It provides insurance against recorded liens not otherwise excepted in Schedule B of the owner policy.
(1) The date down endorsement is issued on a T-3 endorsement form pursuant to Endorsement Instruction VIII.
(2) This endorsement is only to be used during construction.
(3) If there is a recorded mechanic's lien, we may insure against the lien by complying with Procedural Rule P-11 (insuring around). Stewart Title Guaranty Company would also want to receive an indemnity from another title insurer, an adequate escrow, or a bond.
(4) After construction is completed and satifactory evidence of payment of bills has been received, we may issue the completion endorsement under Procedural P-8.
(5) The charge for this endorsement is $50.
The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):