OAG 2024-1 — INDIVIDUAL
Exhibit to Deed
AFFIDAVIT OF LAND OR MINERAL OWNERSHIP: INDIVIDUAL
STATE OF ______________________________________ )
COUNTY OF _____________________________________ )
TO: THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA
Before me, the undersigned _____________________________________________________________________________ (list legal name and any aliases) (the “Affiant”), who, having been first duly sworn, deposes and states as of the date of this Affidavit:
- I am eighteen (18) years of age or older and have personal knowledge of the statements made herein.
- I have personal knowledge of the statements made herein.
- I am: a citizen of the United States; or not a citizen of the United States, but an alien who is or shall become a bona fide resident of the State of Oklahoma.
- I acquired title to the real property identified in the Deed to which this Affidavit is attached (the “Property”).
- This Affidavit is executed in accordance with and pursuant to 60 O.S. § 121, which provides in part as follows: No alien or any person who is not a citizen of the United States shall acquire title to or own land in this state either directly or indirectly through a business entity or trust, except as hereinafter provided, but he or she shall have and enjoy in this state such rights as to personal property as are, or shall be accorded a citizen of the United States under the laws of the nation to which such alien belongs, or by the treaties of such nation with the United States, except as the same may be affected by the provisions of Section 121 et seq. of this title or the Constitution of this state. Provided, however, the requirements of this subsection shall not apply to a business entity that is engaged in regulated interstate commerce in accordance with federal law.
- I acknowledge and understand that section 121 generally prohibits an alien or person who is not a citizen of the United States from acquiring title to or owning land in the State of Oklahoma. I further acknowledge and understand that section 121 does not prohibit an alien who is or who shall become a bona fide resident of the State of Oklahoma from acquiring title to or owning land in the State of Oklahoma.
- I acquired title to the Property in compliance with the requirements of 60 O.S. § 121 and no funding source was used in the sale or transfer of the Property in violation of section 121 or any other state or federal law.
- I acknowledge and understand that making or causing to be made a false statement in this affidavit may subject me to criminal prosecution for perjury and/or being liable for actual damages suffered or incurred by any person or other entity as a result or consequence of the making of or reliance upon such false statement.
FURTHER AFFIANT SAYETH NOT.
The foregoing instrument was subscribed and sworn to before me this ____ day of __________________, 20____, by ___________________.
My Commission Expires: ________________________________
My Commission Number: ________________________________