Attached to and made a part of Policy Number
A. The Exclusions from Coverage are amended by adding to Exclusion 3 ("Defects, liens, encumbrances, adverse claims or other matters:") a new sub-paragraph 3(f) as follows:
(f) which existed on or prior to the date when the deed to the Cooperative Corporation/Partnership certified in Schedule A was recorded; however, policy insures that all mortgages recorded in the public records to which the Cooperative Corporation/Partnership is subject are set forth in Schedule B, Part I.
B. Notwithstanding Exclusion from Coverage 3(f) and unless excepted in Schedule B, the Company hereby insures against loss or damage by reason of:
(1) the title to the cooperative building(s) and the land of which the apartment/unit described in Schedule A forms a part not being vested in a duly formed Corporation/Partnership, formed for the purpose of the cooperative ownership of the land;
(2) the premises not being a part of a cooperative regime validly created pursuant to the laws of the State of New York, subject however to the terms and provisions of the offering plan, as amended;
(3) a final court order or judgment requiring the removal of any encroachment of the cooperative building(s) upon adjoining land(s);
(4) any forfeiture or reversion of title by reason of a violation of any provision which may be contained in covenants and restrictions recorded in the public records;
(5) real estate taxes, assessments and other charges which are due and payable liens against the cooperative building(s) and the land at Date of Policy. Policy does not insure against any loss or damage by reason of any increase in maintenance charges due to the restoration of full real estate taxes, assessments and other charges by reason of any tax abatement rights held by the transferor of the apartment/unit.
(6) unpaid maintenance charges and assessments due and payable at Date of Policy. Policy does not insure against loss or damage by reason of future unpaid maintenance charges and assessments.
(7) failure of title by reason of a right of first refusal to purchase the apartment/unit, which right was exercised or could have been exercised at Date of Policy.
C. The Conditions of the policy are hereby amended in the following particulars:
(1) Section 1 of said Conditions is hereby amended by adding subparagraph (n) thereto to read as follows:
(n) "Proprietary Leasehold Estate": (i) the right of possession for the term or terms described in the proprietary lease, and any valid extension or renewal of the proprietary lease, subject to any provisions contained therein which limit the right of possession (ii) and which proprietary lease is issued or assigned in conjunction with the ownership by the proprietary lessee of the shares of stock of the lessor.
(2) Sections 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 of said Conditions are hereby renumbered 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 respectively and the following new Sections 13 and 14 are inserted into said Conditions:
13. VALUATION OF ESTATE OR INTEREST INSURED
If, in computing loss or damage incurred by the insured, it becomes necessary to determine the value of the estate or interest insured by this policy, the value shall consist of the then present fair market value of the estate or interest, undiminished by any matters for which claim is made, for the term of the proprietary leasehold estate, but in no event greater than the amount of insurance stated in Schedule A.
14. MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS OF LOSS
In the event the insured acquires all or any part of the estate or interest described in the applicable Schedule in accordance with the provisions of Section 2 of these Conditions and thereafter is evicted from possession of all or a part of the land by reason of any matters insured against by this policy, the following, if applicable, shall be included in computing loss or damage incurred by the insured, but not to the extent that the same are included in the valuation of the estate or interest insured by this policy.
(a) The reasonable cost of removing and relocating any personal property which the insured has the right to remove and relocate, situated on the land at the time of eviction, the cost of transportation of that personal property for the initial twenty-five miles incurred in connection with the relocation, and the reasonable cost of repairing the personal property damaged by reason of the removal and relocation. The costs referred to above shall not exceed in the aggregate the value of the personal property prior to its removal and relocation. "Personal property", above referred to, shall mean chattels and property which because of its character and manner of affixation to the land, can by severed therefrom without causing appreciable damage to the property severed or to the land to which the property is affixed.
(b) Maintenance charges or damages for use and occupancy of the land prior to the eviction which the insured as owner of the leasehold estate may be obligated to pay to any person having paramount title to that of the lessor in the Lease.
This endorsement is made a part of the policy and is subject to all of the terms and provisions thereof and of any prior endorsements thereto. Except to the extent expressly stated, it neither modifies any of the terms and provisions of the policy and any prior endorsements, nor does it extend the effective date of the policy and any prior endorsements, nor does it increase the amount of insurance.
Blank Title Insurance Company:
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.