TEXAS RESIDENTIAL LIMITED COVERAGE JUNIOR MORTGAGEE POLICY
DOWN DATE ENDORSEMENT
Attached to and made a part of Stewart Title Guaranty Company
Texas Residential Limited Coverage Junior Mortgagee
Policy No: _______________ (herein the "Policy")
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
Date of Endorsement: _________________
A. The Company hereby insures against loss or damage sustained by the Insured resulting from:
(1) Any document recorded in the public records subsequent to Date of Policy and on or prior to Date of Endorsement which purports to vest the title to the fee estate in the land, except: [Insert Item description(s) and recording information or delete immediately preceding word, "except."]
(2) Any Home Equity Mortgage recorded in the public records subsequent to Date of Policy and on or prior to Date of Endorsement, except: [Insert Item description(s) and recording information or delete immediately preceding word, "except".]
(3) Any Monetary Lien other than: (i) the Insured's Mortgage shown in paragraph B below, or (ii) any specific Home Equity Mortgage described in item A(2) above, recorded in the public records subsequent to Date of Policy and on or prior to Date of Endorsement which affects the title, except: [Insert Item description(s) and recording information or delete immediately preceding word, "except."]
B. The Insured's Mortgage referred to in the policy is described as follows:
C. This Endorsement does not insure:
(1) That the Grantee owns the land nor that the Insured's Mortgage creates a lien on the land, nor the validity, enforceability, or priority of the lien of the Insured's Mortgage; or
(2) Against loss or damage resulting from (i) usury, (ii) any consumer credit protection law (including, but not limited to Subsections (a)(6), (g), and (t) of Section 50, Article XVI, Texas Constitution and any statutory or regulatory requirements pursuant thereto) or truth in lending law, or (iii) bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings of the Borrower; or
(3) Against standby fees, taxes and assessments by any taxing authority.
This Endorsement, when countersigned below by an Authorized Countersignature, is made a part of the policy. This Endorsement is subject to the Exceptions in the policy and Items set forth as exceptions in any prior Endorsements. Except as expressly modified by the provisions hereof, this Endorsement is also subject to the following policy matters: (i) Insuring Provisions; (ii) Exclusions From Coverage; and (iii) the Conditions and Stipulations. Except as stated herein, this Endorsement does not: (i) extend the effective date of the policy and/or any prior Endorsements; (ii) increase the face amount of the policy; or (iii) modify any of the provisions of the Combined Schedule of the policy.
[The Company may add the following if it considers the risk insurable and if the Insured's Mortgage is described in Paragraph B of this Endorsement: "Date of Endorsement is the date shown above or the date of recording of the Insured's Mortgage, whichever is later."]
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
For issuing guidelines on this form, see Guidelines.