ALTA Endorsement 14.2 (Future Advance-Letter of Credit) (with MML)
Attached to Policy No.
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
1. The insurance for Advances added by Section 2 of this endorsement is subject to: the exclusions in Section 3 of this endorsement and the Exclusions from Coverage in the Policy, except Exclusion 3(d); the provisions of the Conditions and Stipulations, except Section 9(b); and the Exceptions contained in Schedule B.
a. "Agreement," as used in this endorsement, shall mean the letter of credit, surety agreement or reimbursement agreement, relating to the repayment of Advances that are secured by the insured mortgage.
b. "Advances," as used in this endorsement, shall mean only those advances of principal indebtedness made after the Date of Policy as provided in the Agreement, including expenses of foreclosure, amounts advanced pursuant to the insured mortgage to pay taxes and insurance, assure compliance with laws or to protect the lien of the insured mortgage before the time of acquisition of the estate or interest in the land and reasonable amounts expended to prevent deterioration of improvements, together with interest on those advances.
2. The Company insures against loss or damage to the insured as a result of:
a. The invalidity or unenforceability of the lien of the insured mortgage as security for each Advance.
b. The lack of priority of the lien of the insured mortgage as security for each Advance over any lien or encumbrance on the title.
c. The invalidity or unenforceability or loss of priority of the lien of the insured mortgage as security for the unpaid indebtedness, and Advances resulting from: (i) re-Advances and repayments of indebtedness; (ii) earlier periods of no indebtedness owing during the term of the mortgage; or (iii) failure to comply with the requirements of state law to secure Advances.
3. This endorsement does not insure against loss or damage (and the Company will not pay costs, attorneys' fees or expenses) resulting from:
a. The loss of priority of Advances to real estate taxes or assessments imposed on the land by governmental authority arising after the Date of Policy.
b. The loss of priority of Advances to any federal or state environmental protection lien.
d.The loss of priority of an Advance to a mechanic's or materialmen's lien.
4. The Amount of Insurance defined in Section 2(c)(ii) of the Conditions and Stipulations shall include Advances.
5. Section 8(d) of the Conditions and Stipulations shall not apply to Advances.
This endorsement is issued as part of the policy. Except as it expressly states, it does not (i) modify any of the terms and provisions of the policy, (ii) modify any prior endorsements, (iii) extend the Date of Policy or (iv) increase the Amount of Insurance. To the extent a provision of the policy or a previous endorsement is inconsistent with an express provision of this endorsement, this endorsement controls. Otherwise, this endorsement is subject to all of the terms and provisions of the policy and of any prior endorsements.
[Witness clause optional]
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
Copyright 2006-2021 American Land Title Association. All rights reserved. The use of this Form is restricted to ALTA licensees and ALTA members in good standing as of the date of use. All other uses are prohibited. Reprinted under license from the American Land Title Association.
For issuing guidelines on this form, see Guidelines