ATTACHED TO AND MADE A PART OF
POLICY OF TITLE INSURANCE
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
The Company insures against loss or damage sustained by the Insured by reason of:
1. The existence, at Date of Policy, of any of the following unless expressly excepted in Schedule B:
a. Present violations on the Land of any enforceable covenants, conditions, or restrictions, or any existing improvements on the Land that violate any building setback lines shown on a plat of subdivision recorded or filed in the Public Records.
b. Any instrument referred to in Schedule B as containing covenants, conditions, or restrictions on the Land that, in addition, (i) establishes an easement on the Land, (ii) provides for an option to purchase, a right of first refusal, or the prior approval of a future purchaser or occupant, or (iii) provides a right of reentry, possibility of reverter, or right of forfeiture because of violations on the Land of any enforceable covenants, conditions, or restrictions.
c. Any encroachment of existing improvements located on the Land onto adjoining land or any encroachment onto the Land of existing improvements located on adjoining land.
d. Any encroachment of existing improvements located on the Land onto that portion of the Land subject to any easement excepted in Schedule B.
e. Any notices of violation of covenants, conditions, or restrictions relating to environmental protection recorded or filed in the Public Records.
2. Damage to buildings existing at Date of Policy that are located on or encroach upon that portion of the Land subject to any easement excepted in Schedule B, which damage results from the exercise of the right to maintain the easement for the purpose for which it was granted or reserved.
3. Damage to improvements existing at Date of Policy (excluding lawns, shrubbery, or trees) located on the Land resulting from the future exercise of any right existing at Date of Policy to use the surface of the Land for the extraction or development of minerals excepted from the description of the Land or excepted in Schedule B.
4. Any final court order or judgment requiring the removal from any land adjoining the Land of any encroachment, other than fences, landscaping, or driveways, excepted in Schedule B.
5. Any final court order or judgment denying the right to maintain any existing building on the Land because of any violation of covenants, conditions, or restrictions, or building setback lines shown on a plat of subdivision recorded or filed in the Public Records at Date of Policy.
Wherever in this endorsement the words "covenants, conditions, or restrictions" appear, they do not include the terms, covenants, conditions, or limitations contained in an instrument creating a lease.
As used in paragraphs 1.a. and 5, the words "covenants, conditions, or restrictions" do not include any covenants, conditions, or restrictions (a) relating to obligations of any type to perform maintenance, repair, or remediation on the Land, or (b) pertaining to environmental protection of any kind or nature, including hazardous or toxic matters, conditions, or substances, except to the extent that a notice of a violation or alleged violation affecting the Land has been recorded or filed in the Public Records at Date of Policy and is not excepted in Schedule B.
This endorsement is issued as part of the policy. Except as it expressly states, it does not (i) modify any of the terms and provisions of the policy, (ii) modify any prior endorsements, (iii) extend the Date of Policy, or (iv) increase the Amount of Insurance. To the extent a provision of the policy or a previous endorsement is inconsistent with an express provision of this endorsement, this endorsement controls. Otherwise, this endorsement is subject to all of the terms and provisions of the policy and of any prior endorsements.
Signed under seal for the Company, but this endorsement is to be valid only when it bears an authorized countersignature.
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.