- Affidavit Concerning Federal Civil Forfeiture -
State of ________________
County of ______________
Before me the undersigned authority, on this day personally appeared _____ ("Representative") who, after being duly sworn, on the Representative's oath stated the following to be true to the best of the knowledge of said Representative, based on the information available to that person:
1. This Affidavit is executed in connection with the seizure and forfeiture of the property described in Exhibit 1 (the "Property").
2. A Complaint was filed by the United States in the District in which the Property is located alleging that the Property was subject to forfeiture. A copy of the Complaint is attached as Exhibit 2.
3. The following persons were served in the stated manner:
a. _____ was served by personal service. Evidence of Service is attached as Exhibit 3.
b. _____ was served by certified mail, return receipt. Evidence of Receipt of Service is attached as Exhibit 3.
4. The United States published notice of the Forfeiture in the federal district in which the Property is located for three consecutive weeks. Evidence of publication is attached as Exhibit 4.
5. An Order or Judgment of Forfeiture (the "Order"), which ordered forfeiture of the Property to the United States, was entered by the United States District Court more than 90 days prior to the date of this Affidavit. A copy of the Order is attached as Exhibit 5.
6. The Order is now final and nonappealable.
7. There are no persons in possession of the Property except ______.
Sworn to and subscribed before me the undersigned authority on this the ____ day of _____ 20__ by ___________________.
(complete notary information and signature)
[here add acknowledgment which complies with recording requirements in state of Property]
Copyright 1970-2022 Stewart Title Guaranty Company. All rights reserved. The use of this form (or any derivative thereof) is restricted to Stewart Title Guaranty Company, it’s issuing agents, and affiliates in good standing as of the date of use. All other uses are prohibited.
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.