T-25 Guideline - Contiguity
This endorsement insures that two or more insured parcels are contiguous along defined lines or boundaries. The endorsement also insures (to the same effect) that there are not gaps separating the insured contiguous boundary lines.
Endorsement T-25 is issued with a T-2 Loan or T-1 Owner's Policy.
Please also see P-56 and R-32 as applicable to endorsement T-25.
We require the following:
1. Verify by examination of title, survey or other satisfactory maps that the defined lines are contiguous.
2. Complete paragraph 1 of the endorsement by specifically identifying the common boundary lines (e.g. "the failure of the west boundary line of Parcel A of the land to be contiguous to the east boundary line of Parcel B"; or "the failure the westerly boundary line of Parcel A of the land more particularly described as 'thence North 20 degrees 21 minutes 13 seconds West 200.51 feet' to be contiguous to the easterly boundary line of Parcel B more particularly described as 'thence South 20 degrees 21 minutes 13 seconds East 200.51 feet' ")
3. If you are requested to insure that multiple parcels are contiguous, you may do so in the same endorsement or in separate endorsements for each common boundary.
4. Do not describe the common lines as "the contiguous boundary line," "the adjacent line," "the common line," or similar language. Such language simply begs the question of contiguity.
5. If more than four tracts or irregularly shaped parcels are being insured as contiguous, use Endorsement T-25.1.
6. This endorsement is not available for residential property.
For further guidance, refer to the applicable subsections in Section 11.04 of the National Underwriting Manual on Virtual Underwriter http://www.vuwriter.com/vumanuals.jsp?displaykey=UM00000208
Any revision to this form requires approval of a Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriter. The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):