T-3 Guideline - General Endorsement
The Form T-3 Endorsement is a general purpose endorsement that is used in several settings. These settings are found in the Endorsement Instructions found in the Basic Manual for the Writing of Title Insurance in the State of Texas (Basic Manual) promulgated by the Texas Insurance Department.
These matters are briefly described as follows. For more detailed information please see the corresponding section of the instructions.
1. Use to extend loan title policy of binder on interim construction
2. Upon completion of improvements
A. Owner’s Policies
B. Loan Policies
3. Use upon Assignment of lien
4. Correction of Policy or Binder
a. For the purpose of stating a correction in the policy or binder as to typographical error, omission or addition of materials relating to facts that existed at the date of issue that clearly does not change the policy or binder as to any facts existing after date of issue nor extend its coverage beyond the point that should have been covered by the proper issue of a policy or binder.
5. USE ONLY IN CONNECTION WITH INTERIM CONSTRUCTION ADVANCES SUBSEQUENT TO ISSUANCE OF FORM T-2 LOAN TITLE POLICY
6. USE TO AMEND EXCEPTION AS TO AREA AND BOUNDARIES, ETC.
7. USE ONLY IN CONNECTION WITH INTERIM CONSTRUCTION ADVANCES SUBSEQUENT TO ISSUANCE OF FORM T-13 LOAN TITLE POLICY BINDER ON INTERIM CONSTRUCTION LOAN.
8. USE ONLY IN CONNECTION WITH INCREASE IN COVERAGE SUBSEQUENT TO ISSUANCE OF FORM T-1 OWNER'S TITLE POLICY OR FORM T-1R TEXAS RESIDENTIAL OWNER'S POLICY IN THE MANNER PROVIDED IN RULE P-8.a.
For further guidance, refer to the applicable subsections in Section 11.04 of the National Underwriting Manual on Virtual Underwriter http://www.vuwriter.com/vumanuals.jsp?displaykey=UM00000208
Any revision to this form requires approval of a Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriter. The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):