Guideline: NM 16 Endorsement - Manufactured Housing Unit
This endorsement is issued in conjunction with either a Loan or Owner's Policy to include the manufactured housing unit located on the land within the term "land" when used in the policy. Manufactured housing includes pre-fab homes, mobile homes, modular homes, and other manufactured housing permanently attached to the land as a fixture.
Rate: See Regulation 13 NMAC 14.10.13.
We require the following:
1. The owner of the land is the owner of the manufactured housing unit. You may require a bill of sale or certificate of title showing the owner.
2. The manufactured housing unit is located on the land.
3. The manufactured housing is attached to the property as a permanent improvement. Verify by inspection, affidavit, survey, and/or pictures.
4. To be permanently affixed, the wheels, axles, and tongue of the unit must have been removed. It must also be served by utilities such as gas or electricity, and telephone. The manufactured housing is not treated under state law as personal property; for example, you must verify that any title certificate previously issued has been canceled.
5. Review the applicable UCC records in connection with the manufactured housing unit.
6. Any liens or security interest noted on the title certificate are released and any sales or personal property taxes on the transfer of the manufactured housing unit are paid.
7. Even if not asked to issue this endorsement, whenever insuring land with manufactured housing attached as a permanent improvement, verify that there are no liens on the title (either on the title certificate if applicable or as reflected by a UCC search) or make a general exception to any such possible liens.
8. The tax assessor has assessed the manufactured home as a real property improvement.
[This guideline applies to NM 16.2 endorsement.]
Any revision to this form requires approval of a Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriter. The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):