T-99 Guideline - TX Limited Pre-Foreclosure Policy Down Date Endorsement
The Limited Pre-Foreclosure Down Date Endorsement is issued to downdate the Limited Pre-Foreclosure policy except as to taxes, standby fees, and assessments.
1. Do a record search of the land from the Date of Policy or Date of your last Down Date Endorsement. Except to recorded matters under Paragraph 5 of the Endorsement.
2. Do a record search of the name of the Mortgagors and prior successors in title for federal tax liens, judgment liens, state tax liens and notices of bankruptcy since the Date of Policy or Date of your last Down Date Endorsement. If there has been a title conveyance, check the names of the grantees for federal tax liens (recorded within 10 years and 30 days), U.S. judgment liens, other judgment liens (recorded within 10 years), state tax liens (recorded within 3 years), and Notices of Bankruptcy (recorded on or after the Date of Recording of the Foreclosing Mortgage).
3. You do not need to do a search for taxes, standby fees and assessments. The Down Date Endorsement does not down date tax coverage.
4. If requested, you may do a Down Date Endorsement after the recordation of a Trustee’s Deed or Deed in lieu of Foreclosure and show the deed under paragraph 5.
5. The premium is $50 for each Down Date Endorsement.
6. The Date of Policy is changed in Paragraph 3 to the date through which you examine title.
For further guidance, refer to the applicable subsections in Section 11.04 of the National Underwriting Manual on Virtual Underwriter http://www.vuwriter.com/vumanuals.jsp?displaykey=UM00000208
The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):