THE FOLLOWING COMMITMENT FOR TITLE INSURANCE IS NOT VALID UNLESS YOUR NAME AND THE POLICY AMOUNT ARE SHOWN IN SCHEDULE A, AND OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS COUNTERSIGNED BELOW.
COMMITMENT FOR TITLE INSURANCE
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
We, STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY, will issue our title insurance policy or policies (the Policy) to You (the proposed insured) upon payment of the premium and other charges due, and compliance with the requirements in Schedule B and Schedule C. Our Policy will be in the form approved by the Texas Department of Insurance at the date of issuance, and will insure your interest in the land described in Schedule A. The estimated premium for our Policy and applicable endorsements is shown on Schedule D. There may be additional charges such as recording fees, and expedited delivery expenses.
This Commitment ends ninety (90) days from the effective date, unless the Policy is issued sooner, or failure to issue the Policy is our fault. Our liability and obligations to you are under the express terms of this Commitment and end when this Commitment expires.
In witness whereof, the Company has caused this commitment to be signed and sealed as of the effective date of commitment as shown in Schedule A, the commitment to become valid and binding only when countersigned by an authorized signatory.
CONDITIONS AND STIPULATIONS
1. If you have actual knowledge of any matter which may affect the title or mortgage covered by this Commitment, that is not shown in Schedule B, you must notify us in writing,. If you do not notify us in writing, our liability to you is ended or reduced to the extent that your failure to notify us affects our liability. If you do notify us, or we learn of such matter, we may amend Schedule B, but we will not be relieved of liability already incurred.
2. Our liability is only to you, and others who are included in the definition of Insured in the Policy to be issued. Our liability is only for actual loss incurred in your reliance on this Commitment to comply with its requirements or to acquire the interest in the land. Our liability is limited to the amount shown in Schedule A of this commitment and will be subject to the following terms of the Policy: Insuring Provisions, Conditions and Stipulations, and Exclusions.
All notices required to be given the Company and any statement in writing required to be furnished the Company shall be addressed to it at P.O. Box 2029, Houston, Texas 77252.
FOR INFORMATION, OR
TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
CALL OUR TOLL-FREE TELE-
YOU MAY CONTACT
THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT
OF INSURANCE AT
to obtain information on:
1. filing a complaint against an insurance
company or agent,
2. whether an insurance company or agent
3. complaints received against an insurance
company or agent.
4. policyholder rights, and
5. a list of consumer publications and
services available through the
YOU MAY ALSO WRITE TO
THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF
P.O. BOX 149104
AUSTIN, TEXAS 78714-9104
FAX NO. (512) 475-1771
PARA INFORMACION, O
PARA SOMETER UNA QUEJA
LLAME AL NUMERO GRATIS
PUEDE COMUNICARSE CON
EL DEPARTMENTO DE SEGUROS
DE TEXAS AL
para obtener informacion sobre:
1. como someter una queja en contra de
una compania de seguros o agente de
2. si una compania de seguros o agente de
seguros tiene licencia,
3. quejas recibidas en contra de una
compania de seguros o agente de
4. los derechos del asegurado, y
5. una lista de publicaciones y servicios
para consumidores disponibles a traves
TAMBIEN PUEDE ESCRIBIR AL
DEPARTMENTO DE SEGUROS DE
P.O. BOX 149104
AUSTIN, TEXAS 78714-9104
FAX NO. (512) 475-1771
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY TEXAS TITLE INSURANCE INFORMATION
Title insurance insures you against loss resulting from certain risks to your title.
The Commitment for Title Insurance is the title insurance company's promise to issue the title insurance policy. The commitment is a legal document. You should review it carefully to completely understand it before your closing date.
El seguro de titulo le asegura en relacion a perdidas resultantes de ciertos riesgos que pueden afectar el titulo de su propiedad.
El compromiso para Seguro de Titulo es la promesa de la compania aseguradora de titulos de emitir la poliza de seguro de titulo. El Compromiso es un documento legal. Usted debe leerlo cuidadosamente y entenderlo completamente antes de la fecha para finalizar su transaccion.
Your commitment for Title Insurance is a legal contract between you and us. The Commitment is not an opinion or report of your title. It is a contract to issue you a policy subject to the Commitment's terms and requirements.
Before issuing a Commitment for Title Insurance (the Commitment) or a Title Insurance Policy (the Policy), the Title Insurance Company (the Company) determines whether the title is insurable. This determination has already been made. Part of that determination involves the Company's decision to insure the title except for certain risks that will not be covered by the Policy. Some of these risks are listed in Schedule B of the attached Commitment as Exceptions. Other risks are stated in the policy as Exclusions. These risks will not be covered by the Policy.
Another part of the determination involves whether the promise to insure is conditioned upon certain requirements being met. Schedule C of the Commitment lists these requirements that must be satisfied or the Company will refuse to cover them. You may want to discuss any matters shown in Schedules B and C of the Commitment with an attorney. These matters will affect your title and your use of the land.
When your Policy is issued, the coverage will be limited by the Policy's Exceptions, Exclusions and Conditions, defined below.
You can get a copy of the policy form approved by the State Board of Insurance by calling the Title Insurance Company at 1-800-729-1902 or by calling the title insurance agent that issued the Commitment. The State Board of Insurance may revise the policy form from time to time.
You can also get a brochure that explains the policy from the Texas Department of Insurance by calling 1-800-252-3439.
Before the Policy is issued, you may request changes in the policy. Some of the changes to consider are:
The entire premium for a Policy must be paid when the Policy is issued. You will not owe any additional premiums unless you want to increase your coverage at a later date and the Company agrees to add an Increased Value Endorsement.
Effective Date of Commitment: ______________________ 20_________ o'clock ____ m
GF No. or File No.
Issued: _______________________________________ 20___________ o'clock ____ m
1. The policy or policies to be issued are:
(a) OWNER POLICY OF TITLE INSURANCE (Form T-1)
(Not applicable for improved one-to-four family residential real estate)
Policy Amount: $
(b) TEXAS RESIDENTIAL OWNER POLICY OF TITLE INSURANCE
-ONE-TO-FOUR FAMILY RESIDENCES (Form T-1R)
Policy Amount: $
(c) MORTGAGEE POLICY OF TITLE INSURANCE (Form T-2)
Policy Amount: $
(d) MORTGAGEE TITLE POLICY BINDER ON INTERIM CONSTRUCTION LOAN (Form T-13)
Binder Amount: $
Policy Amount: $
2. The interest in the land covered by this Commitment is:
3. Record title to the land on the Effective Date appears to be vested in:
4. Legal description of land:
EXCEPTIONS FROM COVERAGE
In addition to the Exclusions and Conditions and Stipulations, your Policy will not cover loss, costs, attorney's fees, and expenses resulting from:
1. The following restrictive covenants of record itemized below (We must either insert specific recording data or delete this exception):
2. Any discrepancies, conflicts, or shortages in area or boundary lines, or any encroachments or protrusions, or any overlapping of improvements.
3. Homestead or community property or survivorship rights, if any of any spouse of any insured. (Applies to the Owner Policy only.)
4. Any titles or rights asserted by anyone, including, but not limited to, persons, the public, corporations, governments or other entities,
a. to tidelands, or land comprising the shores or beds of navigable or perennial rivers and streams, lakes, bays gulfs or oceans, or
b. to lands beyond the line of the harbor or bulkhead lines as established or changed by any government, or
c. to filled-in lands, or artificial islands, or
d. to statutory water rights, including riparian rights, or
e. to the area extending from the line of mean low tide to the line of vegetation, or the rights of access to that area or easement along and across that area.
(Applies to the Owner Policy Only)
5. Standby fees, taxes and assessments by any taxing authority for the year ___, and subsequent years; and subsequent taxes and assessments by any taxing authority for prior years due to change in land usage or ownership, but not those taxes or assessments for prior years because of an exemption granted to a previous owner of the property under Section 11.13, Texas Tax Code, or because of improvements not assessed for a previous tax year.
6. The terms and conditions of the documents creating your interest in the land.
7. Materials furnished or labor performed in connection with planned construction before signing and delivering the lien document described in Schedule A, if the land is part of the homestead of the owner. (Applies to the Mortgagee Title Policy Binder on Interim Construction Loan only, and may be deleted if satisfactory evidence to us before a binder is issued.)
8. Liens and leases that affect the title to the land, but that are subordinate to the lien of the insured mortgage. (Applies to Mortgagee Policy only.)
9. The following matters and all terms of the document creating or offering evidence of the matters (We must insert matters or delete this exception.):
Your Policy will not cover loss, costs, attorneys' fees, and expenses resulting from the following requirements that will appear as Exceptions in Schedule B of the Policy, unless you dispose of these matters to our satisfaction, before the date the Policy is issued:
1. Documents creating your title or interest must be approved by us and must be signed, notarized and filed for record.
2. Satisfactory evidence must be provided that:
- no person occupying the land claims any interest in that land against the persons named in paragraph 3 of Schedule A,
- all standby fees, taxes, assessments and charges against the property have been paid,
- all improvements or repairs to the property are completed and accepted by the owner, and that all contractors, subcontractors, laborers and suppliers have been fully paid, and that no mechanic's, laborer's or materialman's liens have attached to the property,
- there is legal right of access to and from the land,
- (on a Mortgagee Policy only) restrictions have not been and will not be violated that affect the validity and priority of the insured mortgage.
3. You must pay the seller or borrower the agreed amount for your property or interest.
4. Any defect, lien or other matter that may affect title to the land or interest insured, that arises or is filed after the effective date of this Commitment.
Policy Commitment No.: C-5804-
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.