- January 07, 1999
- All Issuing Offices in New Jersey
- Technical Amendments to Rate Manual
Because there have been so many changes to the Rate Manual over the year, enclosed is a complete Rate Manual with all the correct pages including some technical amendments which are effective January 4, 1999.
These amendments are as follows:
- Paragraph 3.1.3 was amended to reflect a new heading, and the addition of the subparagraph (d).
- Paragraph 4.6 was amended to reflect a new heading, to 4.6.2, and amendments to paragraph 4.6.2 reflecting the inclusion of the leasehold modifications.
- Section 6.5 was amended to delete "settlement" and add the word "issuing" describing the agent who is covered by a closing service letter.
Please replace your entire Rate Manual with the enclosed. The Rate Manual which is three hole punched, with a color page divider included, should be kept in the back of your Stewart New Jersey Manual of Forms.
If you have any questions, please contact the New Jersey District office.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.