View the State Laws and Customs Toolkit.
With VU, you have access to information needed to underwrite a real estate transaction, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
This award-winning program is easy to use and offers a host of information such as:
- Bulletins - hundreds of bulletins clarifying underwriting guidelines and procedures
- Real Estate Practices - a state-by-state guide on how real estate is transferred, including recording fees, transfer taxes and forms; along with access to information provided by Ernst Publishing
- Endorsement Guidelines - instructions on how and when specific endorsements should be used
- Forms - the most comprehensive collection of policy forms and endorsements available
- Comprehensive Search - keywords in the Underwriting Manual, Forms, Bulletins, Standard Exceptions and Endorsement Guidelines
- Patriots Database - downloaded automatically every night from the U.S. Department of the Treasury's list of Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) and Blocked Persons, the database is searchable by last name, first name and alternative identity, and includes links to the Executive Order on terrorist activities and the Stewart Legal Services Bulletin detailing how to handle a search procedure
- Standard Exceptions - a list of the most frequently used policy exceptions as well as thorough explanations of how and when they should be used
- Underwriting Manual - general underwriting principles for insuring most real estate transactions on a national and state-by-state basis