NM Form 63 Short Form Residential Loan Policy (ALTA Form Rev. 12-3-12)
Short Form Residential Loan Policy - One-to-Four Family
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
Pursuant to the New Mexico Title Insurance Law §59A-30-4 NMSA 1978, Control and supervision by superintendent and Title Insurance Regulation §184.108.40.206, NMAC, no part of any title insurance commitment, policy or endorsement form may be added to, altered, inserted in or typed upon, deleted or otherwise changed from the title insurance form promulgated by the New Mexico Superintendent of Insurance, nor issued by a person or company not licensed with regard to the business of title insurance by the New Mexico Superintendent of Insurance, nor issued by a person or company who does not own, operate or control an approved title abstract plant as defined by New Mexico law and regulations for the county wherein the property is located.
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
P.O. Box 2029, Houston, TX 77252-2029
[File No.: ]
County and State:
Amount of Insurance: $
[Premium: $ ]
Mortgage Amount: $
Date of Policy: [at a.m./p.m.]
Name of Insured:
Name of Borrower(s):
The estate or interest in the Land identified in this Schedule A and which is encumbered by the Insured Mortgage is fee simple and is, at Date of Policy, vested in the borrower(s) shown in the Insured Mortgage and named above.
The Land referred to in this policy is described as set forth in the Insured Mortgage.
This policy consists of [one] page(s), [including its reverse side,] unless an addendum is attached and indicated below:
____ Addendum attached
The endorsements checked below, if any, are incorporated in this policy:
__ALTA ENDORSEMENT 4-06 (Condominium)
__ALTA ENDORSEMENT 4.1-06 (Condominium), if the Land or estate or interest is referred to in the Insured Mortgage as a condominium.
__ALTA ENDORSEMENT 5-06 (Planned Unit Development)
__ALTA ENDORSEMENT 5.1-06 (Planned Unit Development)
__ALTA ENDORSEMENT 6-06 (Variable Rate), if the Insured Mortgage contains provisions which provide for an adjustable interest rate.
__ALTA ENDORSEMENT 6.2-06 (Variable Rate-Negative Amortization), if the Insured Mortgage contains provisions which provide for both an adjustable interest rate and negative amortization.
___ALTA ENDORSEMENT 7-06 (Manufactured Housing), if a manufactured housing unit is located on the Land at Date of Policy.
__ ALTA ENDORSEMENT 7.1-06 (Manufactured Housing – Conversion; Loan)
___ALTA ENDORSEMENT 8.1-06 (Environmental Protection Lien) – Paragraph b refers to the following state statute(s): Sections 3-48-7 and 69-25B-8, New Mexico Statutes Annotated 1978.
[Witness clause optional]
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
SUBJECT TO THE EXCEPTIONS FROM COVERAGE CONTAINED IN SCHEDULE B BELOW, AND ANY ADDENDUM ATTACHED HERETO, STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY, A TEXAS CORPORATION, HEREIN CALLED THE "COMPANY" HEREBY INSURES THE INSURED IN ACCORDANCE WITH AND SUBJECT TO THE TERMS, EXCLUSIONS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE AMERICAN LAND TITLE ASSOCIATION LOAN POLICY (6-17-06), ALL OF WHICH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN. ALL REFERENCES TO SCHEDULES A AND B SHALL REFER TO SCHEDULES A AND B OF THIS POLICY.
SCHEDULE B EXCEPTIONS FROM COVERAGE AND AFFIRMATIVE INSURANCES. Except to the extent of the affirmative insurance set forth below, this policy does not insure against loss or damage (and the Company will not pay costs, attorneys’ fees, or expenses) which arise by reason of:
1. Those taxes and special assessments that become due or payable subsequent to Date of Policy. (This does not modify or limit the coverage provided in Covered Risk 11(b).)
2. Covenants, conditions, or restrictions, if any, appearing in the Public Records; however, this policy insures against loss or damage arising from: (a) the violation of those covenants, conditions, or restrictions on or prior to Date of Policy; (b) a forfeiture or reversion of Title from a future violation of those covenants, conditions, or restrictions, including those relating to environmental protection; and (c) provisions in those covenants, conditions, or restrictions, including those relating to environmental protection, under which the lien of the Insured Mortgage can be extinguished, subordinated, or impaired.
As used in paragraph 2(a), the words “covenants, conditions, or restrictions” do not refer to or include any covenant, condition, or restriction (a) relating to obligations of any type to perform maintenance, repair or remediation on the Land, or (b) pertaining to environmental protection of any kind or nature, including hazardous or toxic matters, conditions, or substances, except to the extent that a notice of a violation or alleged violation affecting the Land has been recorded or filed in the Public Records at Date of Policy and is not referenced in an addendum attached to this policy.
3. Any easements or servitudes appearing in the Public Records; however, this policy insures against loss or damage arising from (a) the encroachment, at Date of Policy, of the improvements on any easement, and (b) any interference with or damage to existing improvements, including lawns, shrubbery, and trees, resulting from the use of the easements for the purposes granted or reserved.
4. Any lease, grant, exception, or reservation of minerals or mineral rights appearing in the Public Records; however, this policy insures against loss or damage arising from
(a) any affect on or impairment of the use of the Land for residential one-to-four family dwelling purposes by reason of such lease, grant, exception or reservation of minerals or mineral rights, and
(b) any damage to existing improvements, including lawns, shrubbery, and trees, resulting from the future exercise of any right to use the surface of the Land for the extraction or development of the minerals or mineral rights so leased, granted, excepted, or reserved. Nothing herein shall insure against loss or damage resulting from subsidence.
NOTICES, WHERE SENT: Any notice of claim or other notice or statement in writing required to be given the Company under this policy must be given to the Company at the following address: P.O. Box 2029, Houston, TX 77252-2029.
ADDENDUM TO SHORT FORM RESIDENTIAL LOAN POLICY Addendum to Policy Number:
_______________ [File Number: __________] SCHEDULE B (Continued) IN ADDITION TO THE MATTERS SET FORTH ON SCHEDULE B OF THE POLICY TO WHICH THIS ADDENDUM IS ATTACHED, THIS POLICY DOES NOT INSURE AGAINST LOSS OR DAMAGE (AND THE COMPANY WILL NOT PAY COSTS, ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR EXPENSES) THAT ARISE BY REASON OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. Rights or claims of parties in possession not shown by the public records.
2. Easements, or claims of easeements, not shown by the public records.
3. Encroachments, overlaps, conflicts in boundary lines, shortages in area, or other matters which would be disclosed by an accurate survey and inspection of the premises.
4. Any lien, claim or right to a lien, for services, labor or materials heretofore or hereafter furnished, imposed by law and not shown by the public records.
5. Community property, survivorship, or homestead rights, if any, of any spouse of the insured (or vestee in a leasehold or loan policy).
7. "Water rights, claims or title to water."
9. Taxes for the year________, and thereafter.
10. Defects, liens, encumbrances, adverse claims or other matters, if any, created first appearing in the public records or attaching subsequent to the effective date hereof but prior to the date the proposed insured acquires for value of record the estate or interest or mortgage thereon covered by this commitment.
For issuing guidelines on this form, see Guidelines