ALTA Short Form Residential Loan Policy and Addendum 1992
SHORT FORM RESIDENTIAL
LOAN POLICY-ONE-TO-FOUR FAMILY
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
Amount of Insurance:
[Premium: ___________ ]
[File Number: ________ ]
Date of Policy:
(or date of recording of insured mortgage, whichever is later.)
Name of Insured:
Name of Borrower(s):
County and State:
The estate or interest in the land identified in this Schedule A and which is encumbered by the insured mortgage is fee simple and is at Date of Policy vested in the borrower(s) shown in the insured mortgage and named above.
The land referred to in this policy is described as set forth in the insured mortgage and is identified as the property address shown above.
This policy consists of [one] page, [including the reverse side hereof,] unless an addendum is attached and indicated below:
_____ Addendum attached
_____ No addendum attached
The ALTA endorsements indicated below are incorporated herein:
_____ ENDORSEMENT 4 (Condominium) or
_____ ENDORSEMENT 4.1
_____ ENDORSEMENT 5 (Planned Housing Unit) or
_____ ENDORSEMENT 5.1
_____ ENDORSEMENT 6 (Variable Rate)
_____ ENDORSEMENT 6.1
_____ ENDORSEMENT 6.2 (Variable Rate-Negative Amortization)
_____ ENDORSEMENT 7 (Manufactured Housing)
_____ ENDORSEMENT 8.1 (Environmental Protection Lien) referring to the following state statute(s): ______________________________________________________________________________________________
[Witness clause optional]
SUBJECT TO THE EXCEPTIONS FROM COVERAGE CONTAINED IN SCHEDULE B BELOW, AND ANY ADDENDUM ATTACHED HERETO, STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY, A TEXAS CORPORATION, HEREIN CALLED THE "COMPANY", HEREBY INSURES THE INSURED IN ACCORDANCE WITH AND SUBJECT TO THE TERMS, EXCLUSIONS, CONDITIONS AND STIPULATIONS SET FORTH IN THE AMERICAN LAND TITLE ASSOCIATION LOAN POLICY (10-17-92), ALL OF WHICH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN. ALL REFERENCES TO SCHEDULES A AND B SHALL REFER TO SCHEDULES A AND B OF THIS POLICY.
EXCEPTIONS FROM COVERAGE AND
This policy does not insure against loss or damage (and the Company will not pay costs, attorneys' fees or expenses) which arise by reason of the matters set forth below, except to the extent that the Company does insure in accordance with and subject to its terms against loss or damage which the insured shall sustain by reason of any inaccuracies in the affirmative assurances set forth below, except as limited in any addendum attached hereto:
1. Those taxes and special assessments which become due and payable subsequent to Date of Policy.
2. Covenants, conditions and restrictions, if any, appearing in the public records. This policy insures that the same have not been violated, except that such affirmative assurance does not extend to covenants, conditions and restrictions relating to environmental protection unless a notice of a violation thereof has been recorded or filed in the public records and is not referenced in an addendum attached hereto. Further, this policy insures that future violation of any covenants, conditions and restrictions appearing in the public records, including any relating to environmental protection, will not result in a forfeiture or reversion of title and that there are no provisions therein under which the lien of the insured mortgage can be extinguished, subordinated or impaired.
3. Any easements or servitudes appearing in the public records. This policy insures that none of the improvements encroach upon the easements and that any use of the easements for the purposes granted or reserved will not interfere with or damage the improvements, including lawns, shrubbery and trees.
4. Any lease, grant, exception or reservation of minerals or mineral rights appearing in the public records. This policy insures that the use of the land for residential one-to-four family dwelling purposes is not, and will not be, affected or impaired by reason of any lease, grant, exception or reservation of minerals or mineral rights appearing in the public records and this policy insures against damage to existing improvements, including lawns, shrubbery and trees, resulting from the future exercise of any right to use the surface of the land for the extraction or development of the minerals or mineral rights so leased, granted, excepted or reserved. Nothing herein shall insure against loss or damage resulting from subsidence.
5. This policy insures against loss or damage by reason of any violation, variation, encroachment or adverse circumstance affecting the title that would have been disclosed by an accurate survey. The term "encroachment" includes encroachments of existing improvements located on the land onto adjoining land, and encroachments onto the land of existing improvements located on adjoining land.
ADDENDUM TO SHORT FORM
RESIDENTIAL LOAN POLICY
[File Number: __________ ]
Addendum to Policy Number:
SCHEDULE B (Continued)
IN ADDITION TO THE MATTERS SET FORTH ON SCHEDULE B OF THE POLICY TO WHICH THIS ADDENDUM IS ATTACHED, THIS POLICY DOES NOT INSURE AGAINST LOSS OR DAMAGE BY REASON OF THE FOLLOWING:
For issuing guidelines on this form, see Guidelines