WA Comprehensive Coverage for Homeowner Endorsement 126.1
COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE FOR HOMEOWNER ENDORSEMENT
ATTACHED TO POLICY NUMBER _____________________
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
HEREIN CALLED THE COMPANY
Order Number: ____________________
1. This endorsement shall be effective only if at Date of Policy there is located on the land described in the policy a one-to-four family residential structure, in which the insured owner resides, either at Date of Policy or within one year of Date of Policy, as the insured owner's principal residence. For the purpose of this endorsement the term "residential structure" is defined as principal dwelling structure located on the land together with a garage or carport used for storage of noncommercial vehicles. The term "residential structure" shall not include detached outbuildings (other than a garage or carport as defined herein), driveways, walkways, boat ramps, docks, recreational facilities of any kind, subsurface lines, pipes, tanks, septic systems and/or drainfields, plantings of any nature, perimeter fences or perimeter walls, or any other improvements which are not an integral part of the residential structure.
2. The Company hereby insures the insured owner against loss or damage which the insured owner shall sustain by reason of:
a. the existence at Date of Policy of any unrecorded statutory lien for labor or materials attaching to the estate or interest arising out of any work of improvement on the land, in progress or completed at Date of Policy, except those liens arising out of a work of improvement for which the insured has agreed to be responsible.
b. the removal of the residential structure or interference with the use thereof for ordinary residential purposes as the result of a final court order or judgment, based upon the existence at Date of Policy of:
(1) any encroachment of the residential structure or any part thereof onto adjoining lands, or onto any easement shown as a special exception in Schedule B of the policy, or onto any unrecorded subsurface easement;
(2) any violation on the land of enforceable covenants, conditions or restrictions, provided that this coverage shall not refer to or include the terms, covenants and conditions contained in any lease, sublease, or contract of sale referred to in this policy;
(3) any violation of applicable zoning ordinances to the extent that such ordinances regulate (a) area, width or depth of the land as a building site for the residential structure; (b) floor space area of the residential structure; (c) set back of the residential structure from the property lines of the land; or (d) height of the residential structure.
c. damage to the residential structure resulting from the exercise of any right to use the surface of the land for the extraction or development of the minerals shown as an exception in Schedule B, or excepted from the description of the land.
For purposed of this endorsement, the words "covenants", "conditions" or "restrictions" shall not be deemed to refer to or include any covenants, conditions or restrictions relating to environmental protections, except to the extent that a notice of a violation or alleged violation affecting the land has been recorded in the public records at Date of Policy and is not excepted in Schedule B.
This endorsement is made a part of the policy and is subject to all of the terms and provisions thereof and of any prior endorsements thereto. Except to the extent expressly stated, it neither modifies any of the terms and provisions of the policy and any prior endorsement, nor does it extend the effective date of the policy and any prior endorsements, nor does it increase the face amount thereof.
Signed under seal for the Company, but this endorsement is to be valid only when it bears an authorized countersignature.
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.