TX Affidavit of Urban Homestead and Designation of Homestead 1
AFFIDAVIT OF URBAN HOMESTEAD
AND DESIGNATION OF HOMESTEAD
(IF ANY ITEM IS NOT TRUE, THE AFFIANTS SHOULD HANDWRITE
STATE OF TEXAS
Before me, the undersigned authority appeared __________________ and _________________ (the Affiants) (whether one or more), who being by me duly sworn, on his/her/their oaths stated the following to be true, correct and complete:
1. The Affiants own the title to the following Land (the Urban Homestead):
[describe urban homestead]
2. The Affiants are securing a loan secured by the following Rural Property, which is not part of their urban homestead:
[describe Rural Property]
3. The Affiants live on, claim, use and hereby designate the Urban Homestead as their homestead and agree that the Rural Property is not their homestead.
4. The Urban Homestead is Urban Property and Urban Homestead. The Urban Homestead is (a) located within the limits of a municipality or its extraterritorial jurisdiction or a platted subdivision; (b) served by police protection (such as city police or sheriff under agreement with the city), paid or volunteer fire protection, and at least three of the following services provided by a municipality or under contract with a municipality (such as by franchise or other contract with a municipality: (i) electric, (ii) natural gas, (iii) sewer, (iv) storm sewer, and (v) water; (c) urban in character and is surrounded by and in an area that is urban.
5. The Rural Property is not part of the homestead of the Affiants. The Rural Property is not located within the limits of a municipality or its extraterritorial jurisdiction. The Rural Property is rural in character and is surrounded by and in an area that is rural. The Rural Property is not served by police, fire, or other services provided by a city.
6. The Affiants do not have or claim any other property (other than the Urban Homestead) as homestead and do not claim a homestead tax exemption against the Rural Land or any other property.
7. The Affiants acknowledge that Lender making a loan secured by the Rural Property and Stewart Title Guaranty Company are relying on this written representation, affidavit and designation of homestead by Affiants and hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lender and Stewart Title Guaranty Company as to any loss, costs, liability, expenses or damages resulting from any incorrectness in this written representation, affidavit and designation.
________________________________ (Print Name) ("Affiants")
[Print Additional Signatures as Necessary]
State of Texas
County of _______
Sworn to and subscribed before me the undersigned authority by _____________________________ on this the ______ day of _____ 20___.
Notary Public in and for
the State of Texas
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.