- March 23, 2010
- All New York State Office Counsel, Managers and Agents
- Westchester PREP recording System
PREP System Update
Acceptable Tax Forms
Effective immediately, the Office of the Westchester County Clerk will accept RP-5217 forms and TP-584 forms with cross outs and corrections provided:
- The signed version of the relevant tax form was created via the PREP System; and
- Any changes to the tax form have been initialed by the necessary parties; and
- The form has been edited via the PREP System to incorporate the hand-written changes; and
- Both the unsigned “corrected” form and the signed form are presented to our office.
In exceptional circumstances only our office will accept RP-5217 forms and TP-584 forms which were not created on the PREP System. However, the circumstances must be exceptional and outlined in a written request to our office.
For on-line viewing of this and other bulletins, log onto http://www.stewartnewyork.com/
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- NY000423 Westchester County PREP System -- New Recording Requirements Effective January 1, 2010
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: