- March 18, 2002
- All Issuing Offices in New Jersey
- Revisions and Amendments to Title Insurance Manual of Rates and Charges and Manual of Forms
A copy of the most recent revisions to the Title Insurance Manual of Rates and Charges and Manual of Forms is available through the New Jersey District Office. The revisions have an effective date of March 4, 2002.
Please insert the new and revised Rate Manual pages as follows:
- Cover page reflecting the revision date
- Pages iv and v in the Index of Endorsements
- Page 13, reflecting changes to Section 3.5.2, Co-Insurance ? Joint
and Several Liability. It provides for the calculation of rates when liability
is assumed by two or more insurers from the first dollar.
- Page 26, reflecting changes to Section 6.4, Escrow Service. The revision defines escrow services as the holding of funds in escrow, administering such accounts, and similar transactions. It excepts the provision of settlement services or attendance at settlement from the definition of "escrows and escrow services", and reiterates that separate charges are applicable for these services.
Please insert the new and revised Forms Manual pages as follows:
- Pages ii, iii, iv, and xi, of the Index of Forms.
Please call the New Jersey District office if you have any questions.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.