NM Access and Entry Endorsement Guideline 67
Explanation:The Access and Entry Endorsement (NM 67, ALTA 17) may be attached to an Owner's or Loan Policy on land that is not one to four family residential property. This endorsement provides expanded access coverage. The Endorsement insures: (1) that the land abuts a named Street, (2) that the Street is physically open and publicly maintained, (3) that the land has actual pedestrian and vehicular access, and (4) that the insured has a right to use existing curb cuts along the abutting Street.
We require the following:
1. Do not issue on one to four family residential property.
2. A survey is required.
3. Issue only if the land has existing improvements in use. Do not issue on unimproved land, unless you secure underwriter approval.
4. Verify by examination and review of survey that the land abuts the Street.
5. Verify by review of survey that the Street appears to be physically open and publicly maintained.
6. Verify by review of survey that existing curb cuts provide actual access for the land to the Street.
7. Fill in the name of the Street in paragraph (i) of the Endorsement.
8. Issue a separate Access and Entry Endorsement (NM 67) for each named street, road or highway.
9. The endorsement premium shall be $25.00 per endorsement.
The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):None