NY Devolution of Title Affidavit
DEVOLUTION OF TITLE AFFIDAVIT
State of New York Title No._______________ ss:
County of ________
- I/We am/are the owner(s) of _____________________________________, Section _____, Block_____, Lot______. (Hereinafter “Premises”)
- I/We acquired said premises for good and valuable consideration from ________________________ by deed dated ______________, recorded ______________ in the office of the ______________________ of ______________________ County, in __________________.
- I/We have resided at said premises for the past _______ years.
- Except as set for in the above referenced title report, I/we have no actual knowledge of any liens or encumbrances on the property. My/Our ownership and possession has been uninterrupted and continuous; open; notorious; and hostile and adverse to all others and exclusive of right or claim of any person or corporation; and title has never been questioned. No person or corporation has ever made any claim whereby my possession or ownership might be called in question or by reason of which any claim to any part of said premises or interest therein adverse to me might be set up.
- I/We have continuously paid the taxes and other charges in connection with said premises.
NOW, THEREFORE, to induce the ____________________________, as agents for Stewart Title Insurance Company (hereinafter “Company”) to issue its policies insuring an interest in, or title to, the real estate referred to above, I/we agree to indemnify to hold the Company harmless from all liability, loss, or damage of any nature, including attorneys’ fees and expenses incurred, which the Company may sustain resulting from the issuance of insurance.
State of New York )
County of ____________ )
On the __________ day of ____________________ in the year ____________ before me, the undersigned, personally appeared _______________________, personally known to me or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the individual(s) whose name(s) is (are) subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledge to me that he/she/they executed the same in his/her/their capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s) on the instrument, the individual(s), or the person upon behalf of which the individual(s) acted, executed the instrument.
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.