LA ALTA Endorsement 32.1-06 Construction Loan - Loss of Priority - Direct Payment 04-02-13
ATTACHED TO POLICY NUMBER
- Covered Risk 11(a) of this policy is deleted.
- The insurance for Construction Loan Advances added by Section 3 of this endorsement is subject to the exclusions in Section 4 of this endorsement and the Exclusions from Coverage in the Policy, the provisions of the Conditions, and the exceptions contained in Schedule B. For the purposes of this endorsement and each subsequent Disbursement Endorsement:
- “Date of Coverage” is unless the Company sets a different Date of Coverage by an ALTA 33-06 Disbursement Endorsement issued at the discretion of the Company.
- “Construction Loan Advance” shall mean an advance that constitutes Indebtedness made on or before Date of Coverage for the purpose of financing in whole or in part the construction of improvements on the Land.
- “Mechanic’s Lien” shall mean any statutory lien or claim of lien affecting the Title that arises from services provided, labor performed, or materials or equipment furnished.
- The Company insures against loss or damage sustained by the Insured by reason of:
- The invalidity or unenforceability of the lien of the Insured Mortgage as security for each Construction Loan Advance made on or before the Date of Coverage;
- The lack of priority of the lien of the Insured Mortgage as security for each Construction Loan Advance made on or before the Date of Coverage, over any lien or encumbrance on the Title recorded in the Public Records and not shown in Schedule B; and
- The lack of priority of the lien of the Insured Mortgage, as security for each Construction Loan Advance made on or before the Date of Coverage over any Mechanic’s Lien, if notice of the Mechanic’s Lien is not filed or recorded in the Public Records, but only to the extent that direct payment to the Mechanic’s Lien claimant for the charges for the services, labor, materials or equipment for which the Mechanic’s Lien is claimed has been made by the Company of by the Insured with the Company’s written approval.
- This policy does not insure against loss or damage (and the Company will not pay costs, attorneys’ fees or expenses) by reason of any Mechanic’s Lien arising from services, labor, material or equipment:
- Furnished after Date of Coverage; or
- To the extent that the Mechanic’s Lien claimant was not directly paid by the Company or by the Insured with the Company’s written approval.
This endorsement is issued as part of the policy. Except as it expressly states, it does not (i) modify any of the terms and provisions of the policy, (ii) modify any prior endorsements, (iii) extend the Date of Policy, or (iv) increase the Amount of Insurance. To the extent a provision of the policy or a previous endorsement is inconsistent with an express provision of this endorsement, this endorsement controls. Otherwise, this endorsement is subject to all of the terms and provisions of the policy and of any prior endorsements. This endorsement is issued on this the day of , 20 .
Signed under seal for the Company, but this endorsement is to be valid only when it bears an authorized countersignature.
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.