ALTA Short Form Commitment Revised (10/16/08)
Title Insurance Commitment for a Residential Loan Policy
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY,
[a Texas corporation] (“Company”)
This Short Form Commitment (Commitment) incorporates by reference the terms and conditions of the American Land Title Association (ALTA) Plain Language Commitment (06/17/06). The expiration date of the Company’s obligation hereunder is six months from the Commitment Date. This is not a commitment for an owner's policy of title insurance.
1. Commitment Date:
2. Policy or Policies to be issued:
[ALTA Short Form Residential Loan Policy (06/16/07) $
[ALTA Short Form Expanded Coverage Residential Loan Policy (01/01/08) $
3. The estate or interest in the land described or referred to in this Commitment is fee simple and is at the Commitment Date vested in:
4. The land referred to in this Commitment is described as follows:
SCHEDULE B [- SECTION 1]
The following are the requirements to be complied with:
- Pay the premiums, fees and charges for the policy.
- Pay all taxes, charges, and assessments affecting the land that are due and payable.
- Documents satisfactory to us creating the interest in the land and the mortgage to be insured must be signed, delivered and recorded.
- Tell us in writing the name of anyone not referred to in this Commitment who will get an interest in the land or who will make a loan on the land. We may then make additional requirements or exceptions.
[SCHEDULE B – SECTION II]
The policy or policies to be issued will include exceptions to the following unless they are disposed of to the satisfaction of the Company:
Copyright 2006-2018 American Land Title Association. All rights reserved. The use of this Form is restricted to ALTA licensees and ALTA members in good standing as of the date of use. All other uses are prohibited. Reprinted under license from the American Land Title Association.
For issuing guidelines on this form, see Guidelines