FL Insured Closing Letter
Re: Insured Closing Service
Dear Madam or Sir:
When title insurance of Stewart Title Guaranty Company is specified for your protection with closings of real estate transactions in which you are to be the lessee or purchaser of an interest in land or a lender secured by a mortgage (including any other security instrument) of an interest in land, the Stewart Title Guaranty Company, subject to the Conditions and Exclusions set forth below, hereby agrees to reimburse you for actual loss incurred by you in connection with such closings when conducted by said issuing Agent or Approved Attorney when such loss arises out of:
1. Failure of said Issuing Agent or Approved Attorney to comply with your written closing instructions to the extent that they relate to (a) the status of the title to said interest in land or the validity, enforceability and priority of the lien of said mortgage on said interest in land, including the obtaining of documents and the disbursement of funds necessary to establish such status of title or lien, or (b) the obtaining of any other document, specifically required by you, but not to the extent that said instructions require a determination of the validity, enforceability or effectiveness of such other document, or (c) the collection and payment of funds due you, or
2. Fraud or dishonesty of said Issuing Agent or Approved Attorney in handling your funds or documents in connection with such closing.
If you are a lender protected under the foregoing paragraph, your borrower in connection with a loan secured by a mortgage on a one to four family dwelling shall be protected as if this letter were addressed to your borrower.
CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
A. The Stewart Title Guaranty Company will not be liable to you for loss arising out of:
1. Failure of said Issuing Agent or Approved Attorney to comply with your closing instructions which require title insurance protection inconsistent with that set forth in the title insurance binder or commitment issued by the Stewart Title Guaranty Company. Instructions which require the removal of specific exceptions to title or compliance with the requirements contained in said binder or commitment shall not be deemed to be inconsistent. This paragraph shall not be applicable when such binder or commitment has not been required by the lender prior to closing.
2. Loss or impairment of your funds in the course of collection or while on deposit with a bank due to bank failure, insolvency or suspension, except such as shall result from failure of said Issuing Agent or Approved Attorney to comply with your written closing instructions to deposit the funds in a bank which you designated by name.
3. Mechanics’ and materialmen’s liens in connection with your purchase or lease or construction loan transactions, except to the extent that protection against such liens is afforded by a title insurance binder, commitment or policy of the Stewart Title Guaranty Company.
4. The periodic disbursement of construction loan proceeds or funds furnished by the owner to pay for construction costs during the construction of improvements on the land to be insured, unless an officer of the company has specifically accepted the responsibility to you for such disbursement program in writing.
B. When the Stewart Title Guaranty Company shall reimburse you pursuant to this letter, it shall be subrogated to all rights and remedies which you would have had against any person or property had you not been so reimbursed. Liability of the Stewart Title Guaranty Company for such reimbursement shall be reduced to the extent that you have knowingly and voluntarily impaired the value of such right of subrogation.
C. Any liability of the Stewart Title Guaranty Company for any loss incurred by you in connection with closings of real estate transactions by said Issuing Agent or Approved Attorney shall be limited to the protection provided by this letter. However, this letter shall not affect the protection afforded by a title insurance binder, commitment or policy of the Stewart Title Guaranty Company. The dollar amount of liability hereby incurred shall not be greater than the amount of the title insurance binder, or commitment or policy of title insurance to be issued, and liability hereunder as to any particular loan transaction shall be coextensive with liability under the policy issued to you in connection with such transaction. Payment in accordance with the terms of this letter shall reduce by the same amount the liability under such policy and payment under such policy shall reduce by the same amount the company’s liability under the terms of this letter.
D. Claims of loss shall be made promptly to the Stewart Title Guaranty Company at its principal office at P O Box 2029, Houston, Texas 77252. When the failure to give prompt notice shall prejudice the Stewart Title Guaranty Company, then liability of the Stewart Title Guaranty Company hereunder shall be reduced to the extent of such prejudice. The Stewart Title Guaranty Company shall not be liable hereunder unless notice of loss in writing is received by the Stewart Title Guaranty Company within ninety (90) days from the date of discovery of such loss.
E. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as authorizing compliance by any issuing agent or approved attorney with any such closing instructions, compliance with which constitute a violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation relating to the activity of title insurers, their issuing agents or approved attorneys, and their failure to comply with any such closing instructions shall not create any liability under the terms of this letter.
F. The protection herein offered will be effective until cancelled by written notice from the Stewart Title Guaranty Company. Any previous Insured Closing Service Letter or similar agreement is hereby cancelled, except as to closings of your real estate transactions regarding which you have previously sent (or within 30 days hereafter send) written closing instructions to said Issuing Agent or Approved Attorney.
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.