- July 07, 2009
- All New York State Office Counsel, Managers and Agents
- Request for Agency Authorization Letters
On occasion, it is necessary for you to provide an agent authorization letter to prospective insured. In the past you have forwarded request for agent authorization letters to your local office or directly to me for issuance. In order to expedite your requests, you may now request your agent authorization using the following procedure:
• Log on to www.stewart.com/new-york
• Click on Agent Log-In and enter your Agent ID as your password
• Click on Forms and Request
• Click on Agent Request Form and complete the form (copy attached)
• E-Mail your complete Agent Authorization Request Form to: NYAgentLetter@stewart.com of fax your complete form to 212-983-1133
I have attached a copy of both the Agent Authorization Request Form and Stewart Title Agent Authorization Letter form. All request for Agent Authorization Letter will be processed immediately upon receipt under this expedited issuance procedure.
As always, if you have any questions or require assistance with any Agent Authorization Letter request, please do not hesitate to contact your local Stewart office or Agency Legal Services.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.