- September 07, 2006
- All Issuing Offices in Philadelphia Area
- PGW - Tenant Liens and Landlord Cooperation Program
As of August 9, 2006, PGW has implemented their Landlord/Tenant Gas Bill policy under the Responsible Utility Consumer Protection Act (Act 201 of 2004). The changes in their procedures will impact our industry in the City of
- Unpaid tenant accounts for gas service will be liened against the landlord's property only for service provided on and after August 9, 2006.
- You will not see the liens of record until November 9, 2006.
- A landlord may exempt property from this policy if the landlord registers with the PGW in the Landlord Cooperation Program (LCP) and prove that they have a business privilege and a renter's license for that property.
- The landlord will receive an e-mail confirmation of such registration.
- From now until November 9, 2006, tenant accounts should be paid unless the landlord provides a copy of the e-mail registration confirmation in the LCP.
- By November 9, 2006, PGE intends to change their "Account Payoff Inquiry" form to include a statement as to whether the landlord is exempt for the particular property. PGW will not confirm participation in the program other than the e-mail confirmation sent to the landlord upon initial registration prior to November 9, 2006.
- Only tenant gas service subsequent to registration will be exempt. Therefore, escrows must be held for amounts due on tenant accounts prior to the date of the registration.
- Attached is the Notice that PGW is requesting that we distribute to all purchasers of property with gas service.
The following requirements should be added to your
For rental properties only, landlord must provide the e-mail confirmation of registration in the
PGW LCP (Landlord Cooperation Program), for exemption from escrow requirements on unpaid tenant gas service statements. Philadelphia
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- PA000005 This Bulletin has been replaced by PA2010001.
- PA000008 This Bulletin has been replaced by PA2010001.
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: